downloadsOur C-TPAT Certificate.
Our Confirmation letter to customers.
Customs's C-TPAT membership confirmation letter to COSCO.
security contactReport maritime security emergencies to the USCG National Response Center at 800-424-8802.
For routine matters during office hours, e-mail us here.
key dates- 7/15/2002 - COSCO applies to join C-TPAT.
- 12/31/2002 - COSCO's C-TPAT certificate issued.
- 7/1/2004 - ISPS takes effect.
- Fall 2005 - Validation visits in US and Europe. COSCO is validated.
- 6/1/2006 - New C-TPAT minimum security requirements take effect.
- 11/19/2008 - Customs conducts second validation visit in Hong Kong. COSCO is revalidated.
- 3/15/2012 - Customs conducted third validation visit in Rotterdam. COSCO is revalidated again.
What is COSCO's SVI number? It is chiSea02269.
C-TPATAfter 9/11, anti-terrorism and physical security issues have become paramount in international shipping; delivering contains must be done swiftly, safely, and securely. To promote the secure importation of cargo into the United States by container, COSCO has joined the Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) in 2002. We were validated in 2005.
C-TPAT REVALIDATION 2012On March 15, 2012, COSCO was again revalidated during a C-TPAT Validation visit conducted by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Supply Chain Specialists in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
ISPSThe United Nations agency responsible for maritime issues is the International Maritime Organization (IMO), made up of 160-plus signatory member nations. The IMO issued the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS), based on the US Maritime Transportation Security Act (MTSA) 2002, which requires ships and terminals to adopt specific security safeguards at varying threat conditions. The USCG approves US terminals and ships, and an appropriate national authority approves for overseas terminals and ships. All COSCO vessels are ISPS compliant.
C-TPAT and ISPS comparison
cosco security news